Is it really any surprise that there were so many people online doubting this film simply for it’s casting choices, because some people think they know how a film will turn out, just because of who has been cast. Well it doesn’t surprise me anymore, especially when people only seem to know of an actor from one particular bad film, but I’m not here to rant about the toxicity of some “fans” so let’s move on.
I am of course talking about Robert Pattinson being cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman in the upcoming 2021 film, The Batman, written and directed by Matt Reeves. Many people took to social media to vent their opinions on the casting choice, but I for one was more concerned with the writing of the film. We’ve had some good batman films with (personal opinion) bad acting, and bad films with good acting. So my priority was on making sure we had a solid film plot, rather than bothering with who was cast.
However, earlier this year we were treated a costume teaser of Pattinson in the bat-suit and it looked awesome. The design is sleek and look great on the actor, who just so happens to have excellent fitting features such as the chin that sticks out of the cowl. So, my anticipation grew and I couldn’t wait to see more. Then COVID-19 struck and the world went to shit. Production on this film and many others had to be stopped as the world went into lockdown. It felt like the pandemic would never end, and perhaps we would have to wait even longer before we got anything new from the film.
By now you’ve guessed the point I’m going to make. DC FanDome delivered yet again with a great appearance for a very enthusiastic Matt Reeves, who couldn’t wait to talk about the movie and reveal to us our first trailer for the film. Before that however, he had taken to social media to release new images of the film to wet our appetites, and we gobbled them all up. The official new logo for the film was revealed along with an art piece by Jim Lee himself to help promote the DC FanDome event.
Along with these, as time drew ever closer to the panel, Reeves treated us to some new shots of Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, which included a sneak peak at part of the Bat Cave. It wasn’t enough for us fans though, as we wanted more, more, more, and so the time came to drop the trailer, and in that moment the world went silent as we watched in awe, the new footage of this Batman film that was taking many by surprise and others by storm.
The trailer includes a look at Selina Kyle, The Riddler, Batman, the GCPD along with James Gordon and an unrecognisable Colin Farrell as Oswald Cobblepot.
The second that trailer ended, Twitter and other social media sites erupted with screen grabs, and reposts all about The Batman. We cannot wait to see this film in its entirety.
Speaking of entirety, Matt Reeves revealed that despite how incredible these scenes looked in the trailer, the team have only managed to film just 25% of the film. Which begs the question; If this is what we have from 25% of the film, what’s the other 75% going to hold in store for us!?
Check out the trailer and Gallery below and let me know over on Twitter (@BCRD_) what you thought about the trailer for The Batman.
Leave a Reply